I am an extreme worrier and can be somewhat of a pessimist. I have a bad habit of thinking of all the things that could go wrong when trying something outside of the norm. Early tomorrow morning I am getting on a plane with my DH, my 11th month old DD and my DH's parents to Northern California. I decided to create something called a "scaredy list" to get my worries out of my head. I am planning on addressing this list when I get back to prove to myself that I had nothing to be scared or worried about. I'm hoping this strategy will help me to become less of a worrier and more of a free spirit!
Okay, so here is my list:
* Did I forget something?- the number one fear that runs through my mind constantly!
* Am I or someone I am traveling with going to get sick from the flight?
* Is my 11 month old going to scream the whole flight? Will I upset other people on the flight? Are her poor little ears going to hurt when we take off and land? Did I bring enough to entertain her- will I be able to entertain her?
* I hope the weather will be good- bad weather or too hot/too cold weather.
* I miss my golden retriever already!
* Will the hotels be family friendly with cribs and non-smoking rooms?
* Will I have a good time? Will my family have a good time?
* Will this trip meet my expectations (which are always very high)?
What sorts of fears, thoughts and/or questions run through your mind when you travel?
Again, I am planning on coming back to this post to prove that I was being a worrier for no good reason! Wish me luck...